RESIDENTIAL LEASE AGREEMENT
Agreement between _______________________________________, (Owner(s)), and ________________________________________, (Tenant(s)), for a dwelling located at ________________________________________________________ (Location).
Tenant(s) agree(s) to lease this dwelling for a term of _____ years, beginning ___________ (Date) and ending _______________ (Date) for _________________________ ($ ______) per month, payable in advance on the ______ day of each calendar month to ____________ ______________________________ (Owner(s)) or ________________________ (Agent), whose address is ____________________________________________. When rent is paid on or before the ______ day of the calendar month, the Owner(s) will give the Tenant(s) a discount or rebate of __________________ ($______).
The first month's rent is _________________________ ($________).
The security/cleaning deposit on this dwelling is _________________________ ($______). It is refundable if the Tenant(s) leave(s) the dwelling reasonably clean and undamaged.
Upon expiration, this Agreement shall become a month-to-month agreement automatically, unless either the Tenant(s) or the Owner(s) notify the other party in writing at least thirty days in advance to expiration that they do not wish this agreement to continue on any basis.
Should the Tenant(s) move before this Agreement expires, they will be responsible for paying rent through the end of the term or until another tenant approved by the Owner(s) has moved in, whichever comes first.
Owner(s) will refund all deposits due within _______ days after Tenant(s) has/have moved out completely and returned the keys.
Only ______ (Number) people and _____ (Number) pets are to live in this dwelling: _________________________________________________________________ (Describe)
Without the Owner(s) prior written permission, no other persons may live there, and no other pets may stay there, even temporarily, nor may the dwelling be sublet or used for business purposes.
TENANTS AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING:
1) to accept the dwelling "as is," having already inspected it.
2) to keep yards and garbage areas clean.
3) to keep from making loud noises and disturbances and to play music and broadcast programs at all times so as not to disturb other people's peace and quiet.
4) not to paint the dwelling without first getting Owner(s) written permission.
5) to park motor vehicles in the assigned space and to keep that space clean of oil drippings and grease.
6) not to repair motor vehicle on the premises (unless it is in an enclosed garage) if such repairs will take longer than a day.
7) to allow Owner(s) to inspect the dwelling, work on it, or show it to prospective tenants at any and all reasonable times.
8) not to keep any liquid-filled furniture in this dwelling.
9) to pay rent by check or money order made out to the Owner(s) (returned checks will have applicable late payment fees).
10) to pay for repairs of all damage, they or their guests have caused.
11) to pay for any windows broken in the dwelling while they live there.
1Violation of any part of this Agreement or nonpayment of rent when due shall be cause for eviction under applicable code sections. The prevailing party (shall or shall not) recover reasonable legal service fees involved.
Tenants hereby acknowledge that they have read this Agreement, understand it, agree to it, and have been given a copy.
Owner: __________________________ Tenant: _____________________________
By: _____________________________ Tenant: _____________________________